Our daily mantra as inbound marketers: stay focused, and be passionate.
To do both, we get a lot of inspiration from peers and influencers alike. Hence our obsession with keeping tabs on industry blogs and finding those articles and authors that impact our own ways of thinking. The ones that give you that “Woah… #mindblown” moment.
If like us, you’re always looking for new marketing resources, you’ve landed on the right blog post.
Below is a guide to Ready North's favorite blogs and publications. We’re constantly trolling these URLs for nuggets of information or fascinating research.
Disclaimer: We love other blogs, too. These are just a few of our favorites. Sorry if we missed you!
The Ready North RSS: Must-Reads for Marketers
For Content Marketing, we like…
- Content Marketing Institute blog (@CMIContent): Insight from top names in our industry. Founded by Joe Pulizzi (@JoePulizzi), CMI is a powerhouse for content marketing advice. Beyond content, CMI does break it down into other areas, like SEO, social, and measurement.
- Content Strategist (@Contently): A publishing solution with an insightful magazine on “brands, storytelling and the future of content.”
- Copyblogger (@copyblogger): Offers step-by-step, actionable content. Sign up for free ebooks, webinars, and other resources (i.e., a free marketing course).
- Heidi Cohen (@heidicohen): Expect content tips direct from the influencer—not to mention journalist and professor. We really like Heidi’s “free actionable marketing tips” (via email subscription).
- MarketingProfs (@MarketingProfs): Covers all things marketing via articles, podcasts, online seminars, guides, and tutorials. Ann Handley, the author of Everybody Writes, heads up content at ‘Profs.
- The Convince & Convert blog (@convince): Headed up by company president Jay Baer (@jaybaer), CMI ranked the Convince & Convert blog the “#1 Content Marketing Blog in the world.”
- The Sales Lion (@TheSalesLion): Led by the sales lion himself, Marcus Sheridon. Like the man, the blog is energetic and helpful.
Check out (and follow) Joe Pulizzi’s Twitter list, CMI Content Contributors, for more.
For Social Media, we like…
- Buffer Social (@buffer): Digs into all things social but also discusses blogging and productivity. Buffer authors do their research, writing in-depth posts with ample resources to back up their intelligence.
- Sprout Social Blog (@sproutsocial): Offers tips and best practices for your overall social strategy, as well as deep dives on different platforms and trends.
- Social Media Examiner (@SMExaminer): Tactical insights to perfect social media performance.
- LinkedIn Official Blog (@LinkedIn): Tips to rock your LinkedIn presence, plus solid insight into personal branding and career advice.
Check out (and follow) Buffer’s Twitter list, SM Thought Leaders, for more.
For Search + Analytics, we like…
- Databox (@databox): This blog is up-to-date on all things reporting, business analytics, KPIs, and more.
- KISSMetrics (@KISSmetrics): Up-to-date on Google Analytics news and hacks. Run by the makers of the KISSmetrics platform, the blog also offers advice to up your analytics game.
- Occam’s Razor (@avinash): Insights from digital marketing evangelist Avinash Kaushik. Avinash often writes in-depth pieces backed by research and chock-full of strategic tips.
- Search Engine Journal (@SEJournal): Covers SEO and search engines, plus content marketing, social media, paid search and entrepreneurial advice.
- Search Engine Land (@sengineland): Keeps readers in the loop on the latest search news, trends and best practices. Search Engine Land is a sister publication to the popular, Marketing Land (included below in the Marketing category).
- The Moz Blog (@Moz): Geek out over SEO insights from Moz’s founder Rand Fishkin (@randfish), among other marketing experts.
Check out (and follow) Moz’s list, Most Influential SEO via Wefollow, for more.
For Tech, we like…
- Chief Marketing Technologist (@chiefmartec): The perfect mash-up of tech and marketing (i.e., a match made in heaven). Edited and written by founder Scott Brinker.
- Mashable (@mashable): Reliable source for tech and gadget news. A plus: Mashable has a great sense of humor.
- Readwrite (@RWW): Insightful views on the latest tech trends. Readwrite zooms in on wearables, startups, cloud-based tech, and more.
- TechCrunch (@TechCrunch): Self-proclaimed “The number one guide for all things tech.” We don’t disagree.
Check out (and follow) Mashable’s Twitter list, Tech, for more.
For Marketing in general, we like…
- Awaken Your Superhero (@cspenn): “Helping you find your inner superhero with marketing, media and martial arts.” The VP of marketing technology authors the blog at Shift Communications (@SHIFTComm), Christopher Penn.
- GrowthHackers (@GrowthHackers): A community forum for marketers to engage. GH does have a blog too, but we like to see what industry pros are buzzing about.
- HubSpot (@HubSpot): Topics segmented by marketing, sales, and agency. The creator of an inbound marketing and sales platform, HubSpot’s blog is entertaining and very tactical. Expect easy-to-understand how-tos, step-by-step instructions, and more.
- Learn Hub (@G2Crowd) Explore insights from the G2 Crowd team across marketing, sales, productivity, design, management, and technology.
- MarTech (@Martechismktg): On top of the latest trends and news in the marketing landscape. Marketing Land curates leading voices across the digital marketing scene.
- Medium (@Medium): Anyone can publish on Medium. But, Medium algorithms and editors heavily influence a post’s rank. Search marketing for relevant content.
- Salesforce blog (@salesforce): Expect insight on sales, customer service, marketing, cloud, IT, and small business from industry experts.
- Spin Sucks (@SpinSucks): Digs into PR topics, along with all things marketing (customer experience, reputation management, etc.).
- Seth Godin (@ThisIsSethsBlog): Words from the bestselling author and marketing legend.
- Six Pixels of Separation (@mitchjoel): Thoughts from industry influencer Mitch Joel. Check out the blog for real-time, digital topics. Plus, we like Joel’s frequent podcasts and weekly list of “Links Worthy of Your Attention.”
- Think with Google (@ThinkwithGoogle): Tapped into cutting-edge digital tech, plus all things marketing. From the search titan itself, Think with Google covers a wide variety of industries and platforms.
- Top Rank Online Marketing Blog (@toprank): Actionable tips across marketing categories. Expect direct insights from Lee Odden (@LeeOdden), CEO of Top Rank.
For Business, we like….
- Fast Company (@FastCompany): Intelligent pieces for both personal and professional endeavors.
- Harvard Business Review (@HarvardBiz): Inspires professional development. Tip: we really like the HBR newsletters via email subscription. Plus, if you register, you can save your favorite articles in your own personal library.
- Wired (@WIRED): Smart content. Wired authors discuss just about anything, from science to design to entertainment to security.
Check out (and follow) Fast Company’s Twitter list, Most Innovative Companies, for more.
When we need a break…
- BuzzFeed (@BuzzFeed): We all need a laugh at some point between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., right?
- Pinterest (@Pinterest): No articles, all images. Pinterest breaks give us a boost of creativity when we need it most.
- The Onion (@TheOnion): Perfecting the art of satire.
Want to keep up with what we’re reading (and tweeting)? Follow the Ready North team.
Feel like we missed something? Let us know what you would add to the list in the comments below.