Senior consultant is a position within the company associated with proven abilities to maintain and grow client accounts, and provide high-quality strategic guidance and oversight.
At the senior consultant level, employees are trusted to be the lead on high-level client deliverables and in charge of managing multiple teams of consultants and associate consultants. This position is typically held by professionals with 5+ years of experience.
Senior consultants often run the agency's largest and/or most complex client accounts.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of clients and their industries, and play a meaningful role in the retention and growth of accounts.
- Build relationships with clients; serve as a resource and advisor to client contacts.
- Consult with clients on marketing goals, and develop strategic marketing plans that align.
- Manage junior staff members supporting on client accounts. Provide inbound marketing training and coaching, and serve as a mentor to their professional development.
- Effectively manage workloads, account team members, and timelines as the main account lead. Consistently deliver quality work to the client on time.
- Oversee marketing tactics—in the areas of brand marketing, website development, search marketing, social marketing, content marketing, email marketing, and public relations—that support client objectives.
- Edit and proofread written materials for quality and adherence to appropriate writing style.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the technologies used to run client campaigns—e.g. analytics, marketing automation software, content management systems, email solutions, social media management platforms.
- Assess performance based on HubSpot and Google Analytics data. Interpret trends, and find opportunities to better meet client and campaign-specific goals.
- Drive account efficiency and profitability. Keep a pulse on target efficiency rates of projects and campaigns, and manage workflows and personnel to achieve efficiency and profitability goals without sacrificing client results.
- Adhere to agency policies and processes (i.e. time tracking, file management, etc.). Responsive to agency and client communications.
- Commit to continuous learning through agency-offered resources and other training opportunities.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Ready North’s core values.
- 5+ years experience in marketing and/or related fields including public relations, research, media, and publishing, and a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college.
- Strong research, writing (technical and creative), and editing skills.
- Minimum one-year experience working with HubSpot marketing automation software (or related platform, e.g. Pardot, Act-On). Strong preference for candidates with Inbound and HubSpot Marketing Software certifications.
- Hands-on experience working in Google Analytics to monitor and measure the performance of digital marketing campaigns. Strong preference for candidates with Google Analytics certification.
- Advanced skills in core agency service areas—including: brand marketing, website development, search marketing, social marketing, content marketing, email marketing and public relations. Experience in B2B marketing and/or within an agency setting preferred.
- Demonstrable experience creating, promoting, and evaluating holistic digital campaigns (content, search, social, PR, email) to drive website traffic and MQLs.
- Experience planning, directing, and overseeing marketing budgets, as either an agency partner or internal lead, preferred.
- Experience managing a team of junior marketers or supporting staff preferred.
- Strong presentation skills. Displays confidence when speaking in front of groups.
- Strategic thinker who brings innovative ways and thinking to situations, approaches problem solving in a systemic way, uses data to gather intelligence and set strategies, and displays confidence in client and agency communications.
- A strong presence and uplifting energy that positively affects and inspires others. Excels at building and nurturing relationships.
- Reliable, detailed, focused, and proficient in time management and productivity.
Ready North is an equal opportunity provider. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.